Juneau Community Foundation
The Juneau Community Foundation announced today its support for many southeast Alaska organizations with just under $25,000 in funding from the Douglas-Dornan Foundation Fund.
“After 19 years of providing small grants to nonprofits throughout Southeast Alaska, we continue to be impressed with the valuable services and activities these organizations provide. We are pleased our small foundation can be supportive, and we hope others realize you don’t have to be Bill Gates to support what you care about in your community,” said Paul Douglas, donor advisor of the Douglas-Dornan Foundation Fund.
Grants were awarded to:
• AEYC-SEA: $1,000 to help fund the Imagination Library program
• Great Alaska Council, Boy Scouts of America: $1,000 to fund the acquisition of a new freezer including shipping costs for the Eagle River Boy Scout Camp in Juneau.
• Brave Heart Volunteers, Sitka: $1,850 to fund the personnel costs and the communications/marketing costs for your Compassionate Care Training.
• Canvas Art Studio and Gallery: $1,250 to cover the costs of matting and framing materials for REACH artist shows in the Gallery.
• Discovery Southeast: $800 to fund scholarships for your Discovery Days program.
• Hames Center, Sitka: $3,680 to fund the cost of materials to develop a children’s music, art, and exercise room.
• Catholic Community Services (for the Juneau Afterschool Coalition): $800 to fund acquisition of Safe Sitter materials to prepare students to be trained babysitters.
• Juneau Arts & Humanities Council (for JAMM): $2,500 to help fund the training of staff to expand the program to Riverbend and Auke Bay schools.
• Juneau Skating Club: $1,200 to fund equipment rental costs for the upcoming season.
• Lynn Canal Broadcasting: $2,000 to fund acquisition of a laptop capable of transferring audio from archived media to a digital format for broadcast use and historical storage.
• Southeast Road Runners (for Lynn Canal Running Camp): $1,500 to help fund the 2014 running camp.
• SAIL, Inc.: $3,000 to offer a stipend to secure an intern from the UAS Outdoor Studies Program.
• Southeast Alaska Regional Science Fair: $1,000 to fund costs of the regional fair and help defer costs of winners participating in other advanced competitions.
• SERRC: $1,200 to fund the supplies and contractual costs for your after-school Homework Club at Gruening Park.
• Zach Gordon Youth Center: $2,000 to fund the Youth Healthy Advocate Jesuit Volunteer.
The Foundation encourages local businesses and individuals to consider supporting organizations like these by donating now to the Douglas-Dornan Fund of the Juneau Community Foundation. Or by including the Foundation in your planned giving. Your support will allow the Community Foundation to make similar contributions in the future. For more information on the Juneau Community Foundation, please visit our web site at www.juneaucf.org, or call 523-5450.