From a moose on the loose to pink ponds, here are the top 10 most-read stories in the Outdoors section of the newspaper this year. Enjoy!
2. Curious by Nature: Why did this pond turn pink near Herbert Glacier Trail?
9. Fish Factor: Sea cucumber could cure cancer
We also have a great rotation of local columnists who contribute to the Outdoors section on a regular basis. Here’s a few of the most popular columns this year.
• On the Trails: Parental care by males (birds and mammals), by Mary Willson
• Alaska Science Forum: Are ravens responsible for wolf packs?, by Ned Rozell
• Gathering Alaska: Twisted stalk, wild cucumber or watermelon berry?, by Corinne Conlon for the Capital City Weekly