1. Health Care
Good health is essential to our future as a state. Without a healthy workforce, Alaska will become inefficient and our treasury will be drained.
• States and the federal health care system’s are broken and cost much more than any other nation.
• The remedy is to operate a state- run health care systems funded with Alaska’s share of all federal funds including Indian health service. To provide all Alaskans better care then Obama Care. Structure Alaska’s medical system to attract medical tourists.
• Included all licensed forms of alternative medical practitioners into exiting insurance programs
• Recognize food based form of healing, (as elaborated in the China Study, showcased in the DVD Forks Over Knives and mentioned again in the DVD Food Matters.)(see foot note)
• Use India’s model of medical tourism to offset our monetary needs.
• Use Permanent Fund monies like Norway does to partially fund Medicaid care and infrastructures
• Build well equipped small clinics in rural areas to reduce transportation costs.
2. Food & Agriculture
Organic food and proper nutrition can remedy the unsustainable situation caused by poorly-grown deficient foods and wrong diets. Foster Alaska’s agriculture businesses to attract massive new private investments for:
• Insulated greenhouses, to grow everything Alaskans need year round.
Invest the Permanent Fund in building an Alaskan owned gas line. Sell natural gas to consumers in Asia at a profit. Provide natural gas at-cost to all Alaskans to promote industry including new agro business. Build small gas lines to as many rural areas as possible.
Encourage Alaska’s agro business to grow organic food from natural seeds; not GMO seeds. Genetically Modified Organisms will increase our health problems and cost.
Prohibit GMO seeds in Alaska to protect our natural crops from cross pollination. Join Washington’s labeling law
Educate all Alaskans that proper nutrition resorts the body’s natural ability to maintain good health
3. Oil Industry
• Reinvest all stock based Permanent Fund money to expand Alaska refineries production by 20% above our existing demand. We would make a good profit plus become self sustaining, while cutting fuel prices at the pump and create new jobs. The in state fishing, timber, and transportation industries directly benefit greatly from lower fuel prices.
This vision focuses Alaska’s most vital resources on investments that give Alaska the greatest degree of control possible in regards to national and international economic uncertainties the state faces.
* Recommended movie viewing before public health decisions are made within our state legislative body:
“Forks over knives” — two independent studies in America combined with a 7 year billion dollar China study. “Food Matters” — food and vitamin based healing. “The Gerson Miracle” — nutritional based cancer cure. “I AM” — a documentary on health and life style.