Regular meetings for the Raincountry Flyfishers, a local fly fishing club, will be held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month through May.
All indoor meetings will start at 7 p.m. on Wednesdays in the Thunder Mountain High School library.
Each meeting is open to the public and free of charge. The club welcomes new members.
The schedule for the remaining meetings is:
• Feb. 27 — Fly Tying: A new smolt pattern developed by a local fly fisherman will be presented. Attendees should bring a vise; the club will provide materials free of charge for this and all fly tying sessions.
• March 13 — George Elgee on some great adventures.
• March 27 — Join the pros from Alaska Flyfishing Goods for a fly tying lesson. Learn how to tie a “hot silver fly.”
• April 10 — Kent Sullivan will speak on “Taku and beyond.”
• April 27 — Mark Heronomous will present fly tying instruction on how to create a surface silver fly.
• May 8 — Mark Heronomous will talk on Bristol Bay rainbows.
• May 22 — This outdoor meeting will feature the annual Fly Casting Night at Twin Lakes.
For more information on Raincountry Flyfisher news, go online to raincountryflyfishers.com.