Now that the snow is turning to runnoff, the hiking trails and access road at Eaglecrest Ski Area are beginning to clear, according to a note in this month’s ski area newsletter.
There are, however, a few things officials at the ski hill would like to share with users for a safe and enjoyable experience:
• The Service Road to the top of the mountain is open to allows access for bikers and hikers.
• Lower Loop Nordic Trails are also open and allows access to the historic Treadwell Ditch trail.
• There are four picnic tables available for public use near the main entrance of the day lodge. Trash receptacles and a portable restroom, equipped with hand sanitizer, are serviced regularly.
• Eaglecrest staff will be updating the Summer Hiking Information page weekly with trail and mountain conditions at skijuneau.com.
• Please be aware of other tours running in the vicinity, such as those from Alaska Zipline Adventures and Cycle Alaska.
• Please no glass containers on the mountain.
For more information about summer events at Eaglecrest, go online to http://skijuneau.com.