• First Tracks, 9:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m., Eaglecrest Lodge. Women’s First Tracks Ski Camp and Snowboard Workshop for beginners or women returning to the sport. Includes two-hour group lesson, lower mountain lift ticket and equipment rental, introduction during Continental Breakfast with advice from the certified women instructors. Reservations required, call 790-2000 ext. 211. $54.
• Mens Competitive Soccer, 8-10 p.m., Dimond Park Field House. The Mens Competitive Indoor season started Jan. 15 and will run for 10 weeks. There are scheduled to be four teams with 10-12 players on each team. All games are played at the Dimond Park Field House with no referees provided. This is a highly competitive league so wear your shin guards and be prepared for fast physical action. Check out the web page to register with a team. $600 per team (contact manager for player share).
• Womens Competitive Indoor Soccer, 6-8 p.m., Dimond Park Field House. The Womens Competitive Indoor season started Jan 15 and will run for 10 weeks. There are scheduled to be four teams with 10-12 players on each team. All games are played at the Dimond Park Field House with no referees provided. This is a competitive league so wear your shinguards and be prepared for fast action, skilled passing, and quality finishing. Check webpage to learn more about registering with a team.$600 per team.
• Indoor archery at the Juneau Indoor Archery Range. The Juneau Indoor Archery Range is open on its winter schedule Monday - Thursday from 6-9 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from noon-3 p.m. Those interested in participating don’t need prior experience as NASP trained range masters are on hand to assist. All youth under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Nonmembers $5, members $2 and youth $1.
• Augustus Brown Pool will be opening four lap lanes to the public Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11a.m.- noon.
• Juneau Youth Wrestling Club - 6th to 12th grade wrestling season, 7:45 p.m., Southeast Alaska Gymnastics Academy. The Juneau Youth Wrestling Club started the sixth through twelfth grade wrestling season on Monday, Feb. 20 at the Gymnastics Academy. This is open to all kids, ages 12-18, experienced or not. We are looking for kids that are interested in the art of wrestling. Wrestling can help improve all athletic performance. Check out JuneauTornados.org to find required paperwork and for more information. Bring all paperwork, registration fees and USAW card to the first practice. For mor information call coach Josh at 723-4901. $75 for first wrestler.
Saturday, Mar. 10
• Little League 2012 Season Registration, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Nugget Mall Shopping Center. Youth 5-16 are invited to register for the 2012 Little League season at the Nugget Mall main entrance. Sign your child up to play on a local softball or baseball team and volunteer to coach. For registration information or to register on line, visit the Gastineau Channel Little League’s web site.
Sunday, Mar. 11
• 2nd Annual High Gravity Games, 2-6 p.m., Eaglecrest Ski Area. By popular demand, Eaglecrest and the Alaskan Brewery are joining together to bring you the 2nd Annual High Gravity Games. The fun takes place on Sunday, March 11 at Eaglecrest, and includes a keg toss, downhill-dummy race, an Alaskan beer garden, and a special Alaskan après ski menu at the Eaglecrest Grill. Proceeds of the days activities will go to the Red Cross of Southeast. To register your team and for more information visit skijuneau.com.
Friday, Mar. 16
• Shamrock Invitational Soccer Tournament, 4-10 p.m., Dimond Park Field House. The first adult, invitational, coed, indoor soccer tournament in Southeast Alaska. Come spend St. Patricks Day weekend playing soccer in Juneau. Tournament details: One division of Coed teams competing in indoor 7vs7 soccer on March 16-18 at Dimond Park Fieldhouse. The chance to play soccer against new players. $45 per player.