• Sports In Juneau information must be submitted online at http://calendar.juneauempire.com. Submissions via email, phone, fax or other will no longer be accepted. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Ordway Basketball late team registration at the Parks & Recreation office. For more information call 586-5226.
• Yoga Workshop with Sarah Joy Marsh, 5:30 p.m., Aldersgate United Methodist Church. Three day workshop with Portland teacher includes breathing and mindfulness techniques, postures, and meditation. Come to any of the four classes being offered. View full schedule at www.rainforestyoga.org. Details 209-8289.
• Yoga For Those Experiencing Homelessness In Juneau, 3-4 p.m., at Rainforest Yoga. Instructors from Rainforest Yoga offer this free beginning yoga class for those experiencing homelessness in Juneau. Classes involve simple breathing exercises and stretching. Possible benefits of yoga include a coalmer mind, less anxiety, and decreased physical pain. The class is appropriate for all ages, and will support coping with stress and trauma. Classes are free and began on Sept. 28 and will be held every Friday. Please call 586-4159 for more information.
• Cosmic Bowling, 8 p.m., Taku Lanes. Two hours of bowling with chances to win free games, music, black lights and more. $15.75. In at 586-1595.
• Cycle Alaska Free Clinics, 1 p.m., every Saturday at Cycle Alaska. This week’s is safety checks. Oct. 27 - cleaning your bike.
• Intro To Skate Class, 1-3 p.m., Marie Drake Gym. The public is invited to learn the basic quad-skating skills with our local roller derby team, the Juneau Rollergirls. The class will be held from 1-3 p.m. every Sunday at Marie Drake through Dec. 16. All you need is gear and a smile. Registration is $40 for the whole class. Sign up with Community Schools at 523-1552. Get more information at email@example.com. Children are welcome with adult supervision.
• Southeast Alaska Gymnastics Academy holds first meet of the season, 3:30 p.m., SAGA gym at 3009 Tongass Blvd. From Mendenhall Loop Rd. turn right on to Nancy St. and then just before road curves around left and becomes Tongass, turn right onto gravel road to blue building.
• Basketball Officials Meetings, every Tuesday (October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and November 6) from 6-8 p.m., room C105 at Thunder Mountain High School. Interested referees for Ordway League encouraged to attend. Meetings continue until Nov. 6 For information contact Joel Osburn 209-7897 (eve.) or Dave Pusich 586-5226 (days).
Thursday, Oct. 25
• Cycling Adventure Series, 5:30-6:30 p.m., at Cycle Alaska. Alice and Scott Tiernan will feature 1) Texas Hill Country, 2) Cycle Utah, 3) WACANID RideFree. For details call 780-2253.
Friday, Oct. 26
• Women’s Classic Basketball, 6:15 p.m., Juneau Parks & Recreation. WCB is for those who enjoy basketball and want to play for fun, on an organized team, but with women who are a little older or new to the game. Aggressive play is strongly discouraged in the women’s classic league. Registration forms are due by Oct. 26. For more information visit website www.juneau.org/parkrec/adult/classic.php or call 586-5226. $50
Saturday, Oct. 27
• Juneau Rollergirls take on the Fairbanks’ Roller Borealis in the Monster Smash, 7 p.m. at Centennial Hall. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. Tickets go on sale Oct. 19 online and at Hearthside Books, Rainy Retreat Books and the JACC. $20 in advance, $22 at the door. The league will be donating five percent of proceeds to a local non-profit. Come in costume to participate for prizes in the half-time costume contest.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
• Learn To Ice Skate, 8 p.m., Treadwell Ice Arena, Juneau Skating Club Learn To Skate program has a six week session starting November 16. Beginner and advance skaters encouraged. Classes are at 6:30 p.m. on Fridays or Saturdays or 11:45 on Saturdays. Register at www.juneauskatingclub.org. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org. $95, minus $10 discount if you register early before the discount date. Call 523-9115.
Saturday, Nov. 10
• Free Entrance Day, 8 a.m., Glacier Bay National Park And Preserve, and Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center. Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.