• Basketball Officials Meetings, every Tuesday, started Oct. 2 and will meet through Nov. 6, from 6-8 p.m., room C105 at Thunder Mountain High School. Interested referees for Ordway League encouraged to attend. Meetings continue until Nov. 6 For information contact Joel Osburn 209-7897 (eve.) or Dave Pusich 586-5226 (days).
• Beginning November 16, Learn To Ice Skate, 8 p.m., Treadwell Ice Arena, Juneau Skating Club Learn To Skate program has a six week session starting Nov. 16. Beginner and advance skaters encouraged. Classes are at 6:30 p.m. on Fridays or Saturdays or 11:45 on Saturdays. Register at www.juneauskatingclub.org. For more info email email@example.com. $95, minus $10 discount if you register early before the discount date. Call 523-9115.
Friday, Nov. 2
• Roughhouse Friday Boxing, 9 p.m., World premiere of Discovery Network Sizzle Video for potential reality show. Main event is Juneau’s Al “Mean Machine” Valentine taking on Anchorage’s Rock Siaulaiga in a heavyweight slugfest. For more infor call 240-2530.
Saturday, Nov. 3
• Veterans Day 8K (4.8 miles) Run at Brotherhood Bridge parking lot. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m., race starts at 10 a.m. Who has the fastest 8K in Juneau this week? Will cold weather be a factor in your time? How many friends can you encourage to run along with you? These and other questions will be answered in the annual race that attracted nearly 40 runners last year. Runners can register early by picking up forms at both Alaska Clubs or at Nugget Alaska Outfitters. Contact Dirk Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 463-6741.
• Cosmic Bowling, 8 p.m., Taku Lanes. Two hours of bowling with chances to win free games, music, black lights and more. $15.75. In at 586-1595.
Sunday, Nov. 4
• Intro To Skate Class, 1-3 p.m., Marie Drake Gym. The public is invited to learn the basic quad-skating skills with our local roller derby team, the Juneau Rollergirls. The class will be held from 1-3 p.m. every Sunday at Marie Drake through Dec. 16. All you need is gear and a smile. Registration is $40 for the whole class. Sign up with Community Schools at 523-1552. Get more information at email@example.com. Children are welcome with adult supervision.
Next Saturday, Nov. 10
• Free Entrance Day, 8 a.m., Glacier Bay National Park And Preserve, and Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center. Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.