Thursday, Nov. 15
• Middle School Basketball, Dzantiki’i Heeni Wolverines vs. Floyd Dryden Eagles, 3:30 p.m., Boys play at DZ, Girls play at FD, game order is A team, B team and C team. Next games are Nov. 29 and Dec. 5-8 middle school tournament at DZ and FD.
• Gastineau Channel Historical Society Program: Fur Farms Of Southeast Alaska, 6 -8 p.m., Nugget Mall Community Room. The public is invited to an upcoming presentation titled “Th Fur Farms of SE Alaska: Foxes, Mink, Skunks, and Raccoons, 1900-1970,” presented by Sarah Isto and others. Light refreshments provided. Free. Details: 586-8992.
Friday, Nov. 16 & Sat. Nov. 17
• JDHS Crimson Bears hockey team hosts the Chugiak Mustangs at Treadwell Arena, 8 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. Saturday. The JDHS hockey team is also sponsoring a Thanksgiving food drive for the Glory Hole at Friday’s home opener at Treadwell Areana. Please bring canned goods and be entered into a raffle for a JDHS hockey team t-shirt. Come see exciting hockey and support Thanksgiving at the Glory Hole at the same time. $8 for adults, students $3.
Friday, Nov. 23
• Learn To Ice Skate, 8 p.m., Treadwell Ice Arena, Juneau Skating Club Learn To Skate program has a six week session starting November 16. Beginner and advance skaters encouraged. Classes are at 6:30 p.m. on Fridays or Saturdays or 11:45 on Saturdays. Register at www.juneauskatingclub.org. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org. $95, minus $10 discount if you register early before the discount date. Call 523-9115.
Saturday, Dec. 1
• Girls On The Run 5K Fun Run, 10 a.m., Dimond Park Field House. Girls On The Run will be culminating their 12-week after school training in healthy living through a fun run celebration. The public is invited to help celebrate their accomplishments. Festivities and snacks begin at 10 a.m., Kids Dash at 10:30 a.m., and the 5 kilometer Fun Run begins at 11 a.m. For more information contact Julie O’Neil at AWARE at 586-6623. Event is free.