Everything from tights to shoulder pads are featured in and around Juneau this weekend as various sports hit the ice, mats, ovals and paths.
• Southeast Alaska Gymnastics Academy in-house meet, 3:30 p.m., at academy gym on Tongass Blvd. Turn onto Nancy St. from Mendenhall Loop Road and right on Tongass. Meet is in preparation for January meet here with Ketchikan and Anchorage.
• ORCA Ski Volunteer Info Night, 5 p.m., The Rookery. ORCA Adaptive Ski & Snowboard Program is hosting a Volunteer Info Night at The Rookery. The ORCA program provides adaptive ski and snowboard lessons to people experiencing disabilities and needs your help assisting and instructing participants on the mountain. Come have fun, make a difference, and earn free lift tickets at Eaglecrest. Call 586-0104, or email Lhallvik@sailinc.org.
• JAHA Championships, Tier X, 7:45 p.m., Thane Vs. Killer Whales / Tier 40, 9 p.m., Yukon Vs. Hawks/Dupont winner / Women, 10:15 p.m., Huskies Vs. Shamrocks / All games at Treadwell Ice Arena.
On Saturday, Dec. 1
• Girls On The Run 5K Fun Run, 10 a.m., Dimond Park Field House. Girls On The Run will be culminating their 12-week after school training in healthy living through a fun run celebration. The public is invited to help celebrate their accomplishments. Festivities and snacks begin at 10 a.m., Kids Dash at 10:30 a.m., and the 5 kilometer Fun Run begins at 11 a.m. For more information contact Julie O’Neil at AWARE at 586-6623. Event is free.
• Cycle Alaska Free Clinics, 1 p.m., at Cycle Alaska. “Boxing Your Bike Up For Shipping.” The event is free and open to the public. For a full listing of all upcoming clinics, go online to www.cycleak.com or call 780-2253.
• Juneau Rollergirls, 7 p.m., Centennial Hall. The JRG’s Kilkats vs Raven Lunatics. Tickets on sale online at juneaurollergirls.com and Hearthside Books, Rainy Retreat Books and the JACC. Doors open at 6:15. Bring a toy to donate to the Great Alaska Toy Drive.
On Sunday, Dec. 2
• Intro To Skate Class, 1-3 p.m., Marie Drake Gym. The public is invited to learn the basic quad-skating skills with our local roller derby team, the Juneau Rollergirls. The class will be held from 1-3 p.m. every Sunday at Marie Drake through Dec. 16. All you need is gear and a smile. Registration is $40 for the whole class. Sign up with Community Schools at 523-1552. Get more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Children are welcome with adult supervision.