One more name has been thrown into the hat for local elections.
All seats up for election were uncontested until Kate Troll filed to run against Bill Peters for the areawide seat on the City and Borough of Juneau assembly. Troll has written a column for the Juneau Empire for several years focused on state and city politics. Her column will be on hiatus through the election.
The following is a complete list of candidates for local office:
• Barbara Thurston (School Board)
• Lillian “Lisa” Worl (School Board)
• Bill Peters (Areawide Assembly member)
• Kate Troll (Areawide Assembly member)
• Mary Becker (District 1 Assembly member)
• Karen Crane (District 2 Assembly member)
Since the filing deadline has passed, those still interested in running for office can do so with a write-in campaign; a letter of intent must be submitted to the municipal clerk’s office by Sep. 26.