FAIRBANKS — The Fairbanks Concert Association wanted your opinion on someone witty, outgoing and talented enough to hold his or her own on stage with comedian Martin Short. They asked, you delivered — but there is still a choice to be made.
As part of Short’s Oct. 5 appearance in Fairbanks, one lucky Fairbanksan will get to interact with Short on stage during his performance at Hering Auditorium when one of his alter egos — Jiminy Glick — interviews that Fairbanksan during the show. FCA accepted nominations for recognizable Fairbanksans at its booth at the Tanana Valley State Fair in August and received more than 75 potential interviewees. From there, FCA officials whittled down the list to 20 individuals. But the voting is not over.
Now, you get to vote on the local Fairbanks finalist you would like to see on stage with Jiminy Glick.
The finalists, in no particular order, are:
• Dermot Cole, News-Miner columnist
• Glenner Anderson, radio personality
• Luke Hopkins, borough mayor
• Bob Miller, former state legislator and TV personality
• Michael Dukes, radio personality
• Jerry Cleworth, city mayor
• Jason Avery, Pioneer Park manager
• Terrence Cole, author and UAF professor
• Rob Profitt, Ice Dogs general manager
• Peggy Ferguson, Fairbanks Drama Association managing director
• Bernie Karl, owner, Chena Hot Springs Resort
• Tim Mowry, News-Miner outdoors editor
• Terry and Josie of KYSC, radio personalities
• Steve Thompson, state representative
• Robert Hannon, former radio personality
• Peter Van Nort, radio personality
• Lance Mackey, champion dog musher
• JR Lewis, morning TV news anchor
• J.B. Carnahan, former Fairbanks Police Department officer
• Adam Wool, owner, The Blue Loon
Voting is available on the concert association’s Web page at www.fairbanksconcert.org through Sept. 20 and at FCA’s season opening performance with Hot Club of Cowtown on Sept. 13. Remember, FCA is looking for a stellar, “very recognizable,” stand-out individual who can keep up with Short’s rapid-fire wit and personality. The finalist appearing on stage is contingent on willing participation by the winner.
• Information from: Fairbanks (Alaska) Daily News-Miner, http://www.newsminer.com