Juneau police, fire officials and state troopers reported:
- Police arrested a boy, 17, on a charge of drunken driving at 2:22 a.m. Monday on North Franklin Street. After the boy was processed at the police station, he also was charged with minor consuming. Police released him to his parents and impounded the 1992 Honda he was driving. Because he was younger than 18, police did not release his name.
- Police cited a woman, 18, charging her with a speeding violation after the 1986 Cadillac she was driving allegedly struck two parked vehicles in a driveway and went into a ditch at 7:29 p.m. Sunday near Gull Way in the Lemon Creek area. Damage to the Cadillac was estimated at $200. Damage to the parked cars was estimated at $500 and $1,000.
Hit and run:
- A woman reported at 9:59 a.m. Monday that her 1996 Honda was struck by an unknown vehicle while parked in an Auke Bay lot near Glacier Highway. Damage was estimated at $1,800.
- A man reported at 1:24 p.m. Sunday that the ashtray was stolen from his unlocked vehicle while it was parked near Dixon Street downtown. A small amount of change was in the ashtray. The ashtray was later recovered.
- A woman reported at 12:39 a.m. Monday that her black suede purse with gray fur trim was stolen 20 minutes earlier in the area of South Franklin Street. The purse and contents were valued at $250.
- A man reported at 7:43 a.m. Monday that sometime during the previous two nights the driver's side window of his 1987 Honda Accord was smashed out near Third Street in Douglas.
- Police arrested a man, 20, on a warrant at 11:59 p.m. Sunday at the police station, 6255 Alaway Ave. The warrant charged the man with failing to appear in Juneau District Court for a scheduled change-of-plea hearing in a case involving a charge of driving with a suspended license. He was lodged at the Lemon Creek
- At 8:57 a.m. Monday, a man reported losing a black apron somewhere in the Juneau area. The apron had keys in the pocket.
- At 10:53 a.m. Monday, a man reported that Friday he lost his brown nylon wallet near Douglas Highway. He reported that the wallet held about $200.
Juneau Empire ©2014. All Rights Reserved.