http://racerealty.com/

Small fire breaks out in Juneau hospital

Posted: Monday, January 12, 2009

JUNEAU - Juneau fire officials said an electrical short at Bartlett Regional Hospital caused some damage to the facility's power equipment.

Fire officials say the incident was reported Sunday morning when the short caused smoke in an electrical room on the hospital's ground floor.

Firefighters found a light amount of smoke in the telecommunications room when they arrived. Division Chief Rich Etheridge said a water leak into electrical components caused the short.

Damage was limited to the shorted components. There were no injuries and the hospital is back to normal operations.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-523-2295
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2270
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING