Recent births at the Juneau Family Health and Birth Center:
• On Dec. 21, 2010, a daughter, Bela Jace, weighing 8 lbs. 5 oz., to Karin McCoy and Sanjay Pyare and sibling Surin.
Recent births at Bartlett Regional Hospital:
• On Dec. 5, 2011, a son, Drake Jacob Messano, weighing 8 lbs. 1 oz., to Darcee Zdencka and Jeffrey James Messano of Haines.
• On Jan. 9, 2011, a daughter, Hayden Kelly Kovelda, weighing 8 lbs. 7 oz., to Mackenzie Raquel Kovelda.
• On Jan. 9, 2011, a son, John William Croasmun, weighing 8 lbs. 4 oz., to Donella Rose Frank and John William Croasmun of Angoon.
• On Jan. 9, 2011, a son, David Walter Juergens, weighing 6 lbs. 7 oz., to Angie Marie and Louis Adolph Juergens.
FYI birth announcements may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents whose baby was adopted or born outside Juneau should send in the full name of the baby and parents, sex of the baby, birth date (if known) or arrival date home, city of birth, weight (pounds and ounces) and the parents’ city of residence.