Fire destroys shop building

Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011

ANCHORAGE — A fire destroyed a two-story shop at the school in Galena.

The fire occurred late Saturday and for a brief time threatened classrooms 50 feet away.

Galena City manager Tom Corrigan says the fire started in the shop, where automotive, electrical, metal-working and carpentry classes are taught.

Corrigan says it was the largest fire in village history.



Page not found | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

Page not found

We're sorry, but the page you were seeking does not exist. It may have been moved or expired.  Perhaps our search engine can help. 

 

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

X