2 residents, firefighter hurt at Anchorage fire

Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010

ANCHORAGE - An unconscious man rescued by firefighters from a burning home in Anchorage has been flown to a hospital in Seattle to be treated for burns.

A woman rescued from the home Tuesday was nearly unconscious when she was taken to Alaska Regional Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

The Anchorage Daily News reports a firefighter who helped pull the woman out a bedroom window cut his foot on broken glass and required surgery.

Another resident and the family dog made it safely out of the house.

Police Lt. Dave Parker said the 911 call came in about 4:40 a.m. from a woman who said she was trapped by smoke in a bedroom.

Firefighters found the living room and kitchen in flames.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING