http://racerealty.com/

Boy dies in Anchorage mobile home fire

Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008

ANCHORAGE - A 4-year-old boy died Wednesday night in a mobile home fire, the Anchorage Fire Department said.

The fire, reported at about 5:30 p.m., apparently started on a mattress in the back bedroom of the home, Department spokesman Tom Kempton said.

About a dozen people from an extended family lived at the home. The boy and a teenager were in the bedroom when the fire started, Kempton said.

Flames were nearly 30 feet high as emergency responders arrived, police Sgt. Lee Rohwer said.

There was no way to enter the home to rescue the child. The boy's body was found just before 8 p.m.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-523-2295
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2270
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING