Photo: Saved by a smoke alarm:

Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005

Ruby Graham's grandson, Aaron Dasher, 7, left, holds up burned pages of antique children's books as Graham, right, pieces together the rest of the pages while rummaging through the remains of her home in Fairbanks. Graham says a smoke detector installed in her home last fall by the Ester Volunteer Fire Department saved her life when the house caught fire and burned to the ground earlier this week.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING