We're sorry, but the page you were seeking does not exist. It may have been moved or expired. Perhaps our search engine can help.
ANCHORAGE — Anchorage firefighters are crediting a sprinkler system for limiting a fire at an athletic club.
The fire broke out just before 6 a.m. Tuesday in the ladies steam room of the Alaska Club East on Tudor Road in Anchorage.
An off-duty fire captain used a fire extinguisher and kept the fire down until on-duty personnel arrived.
As firefighters entered the sauna room the sprinkler system activated and assisted crews in extinguishing the fire.
A spokesman says that if not for the system activating when it did, the fire could easily have spread to other parts of the building. Damage is estimated at $15,000. No one was injured.