Police and Fire

Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2001

Juneau police, fire officials and state troopers reported:

Thefts, lost and found property:

Shortly before 9 a.m. Monday, a caller, 49, reported that the two private signs for the Shrine of St. Theresa were stolen Friday night. Each sign is valued at $350.

Shortly after 11 a.m. Monday, a man reported that his wife lost a silver necklace on Saturday, possibly while trying on clothes at a store in the airport area. The necklace, valued at $100, is a fish with hinges on a silver dog-tag-style chain.

Shortly before 1 p.m. Monday, a woman reported to police that she noticed her camera was missing in mid-November. She has a receipt that shows its serial number. Dispatch checked with the person who has a camera which the woman thought might be hers; the serial number is different.

Police were notified that the burglar alarm at Marlintini's was sounding at 2:23 p.m. Monday. The responding officer could not locate a person responsible for the business. He found an open door on the Lyle's side, but no one in the building. He secured the door. A Motorola walkie talkie hanging on the front door was put into safekeeping.


Capitol City Fire & Rescue responded at 9:53 a.m. Monday to a fire alarm at the court building. The cause of the alarm was a malfunction of the alarm system.

Capitol City Fire & Rescue responded at 10:17 a.m. Monday to a report of smoke coming from a window at the Park Shore Condos. Firefighters found the alarm to be false; the "smoke" was steam from a dryer.


About 10:27 a.m. Monday, an officer spotted a disabled 1983 silver Ford Thunderbird on Fourth Street in Douglas. An owner could not be contacted. The vehicle was impounded.

A physician's assistant at the Klawock Clinic called the U.S. Coast Guard for assistance at 3:02 p.m. Monday. A helicopter crew picked up a 45-year-old man experiencing chest pains and transported him to Sitka for treatment at 6:36 p.m.

At 4:42 a.m. today, a Coast Guard helicopter transported a woman, 26, with pregnancy-related complications from Hoonah to Juneau. The woman reached Juneau at 7:35 a.m.

Trending this week:


© 2018. All Rights Reserved.  | Contact Us