Photo: Boat fire

Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003

Firefighters Lt. Scott Fergusson, right, and Kelly Leamer are shown on board the fishing vessel McClure Bay, whose galley caught fire about noon Thursday at the Auke Bay harbor. No one was injured. Damage, confined to the galley, was estimated at $4,000. Acting Fire Marshal Richard Etheridge said the fire started when an oil-fired stove, which has hot oil running through it even when it is off, heated wood piled next to it.

|

|

|



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING