Man accused of kidnapping, sexually torturing two women

Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007

ANCHORAGE - An Anchorage man is in custody on charges he held two women captive for days at a local crack house, and tortured and sexually assaulted them.

Sound off on the important issues at

Douglas McClain, 46, was arrested Wednesday after one of the women escaped and called for help from a nearby gas station, police said.

McClain is charged with 11 counts, including kidnapping and sexual assault. He is being held on $200,000 cash bail.

The women were held hostage at a mobile home in the city's Muldoon section for several days, according to police.

"They were in fear of their lives," said police Detective Gordon Hamre.

One of the women was gagged with socks and tied to a chair, authorities said. McClain shaved the woman's hair and burned her skin with a crack pipe, according to charging documents filed in Anchorage District Court by prosecutors.

The women, both in their 20s, didn't know each other but had a common acquaintance, a third woman, who took them to McClain to buy drugs, according to the court documents. One of the alleged victims was taken there Sunday and the other on Monday.

At the mobile home, McClain accused the women of stealing cocaine and cash from him and then began the assaults, according to the charges. McClain was seeking revenge on one victim for allegedly stealing $20 and a water bong, or drug pipe, the documents say.

The third woman participated in some of the beatings, according to the documents. She has not been charged in the continuing investigation, police said.

The two women were stripped of their clothes, whipped with belts and told that if they tried to escape they would be shot, the charges say.

After shaving one woman's head, McClain burned the hair with a torch. He also spit on the woman and sprayed her with household chemicals, according to the charges.

McClain also made the women fight each other for his amusement, the court documents say.

When he fell asleep, one of the women managed to sneak out and call for help.

Both women had black eyes and were covered in bruises, according to the court documents.

Trending this week:


© 2018. All Rights Reserved.  | Contact Us