http://racerealty.com/

Fairbanks home destroyed in fire

Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010

FAIRBANKS - A Fairbanks home was destroyed by a fire that was apparently sparked by a smoldering outdoor barbecue grill.

The two adults in the home were alerted to the blaze Saturday by their two barking dogs. They were able to escape unharmed, but the dogs died in the fire.

Steese Volunteer Fire Department Chief Mitch Flynn says the fire started on the deck behind the two-story house. He says somehow the charcoal grill tipped over during the night and the deck fire crept up the back of the home before raging through the attic.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-523-2295
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2270
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING