1. Any person, who has not been disqualified from participating in a previous derby, may participate in the derby.
2. Participation occurs when an entry ticket is purchased and validated, as provided in these rules.
Jerry's Meats & Seafood
5145 Glacier Highway
(Grants Plaza/Behind Data Bank)
Hours: 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. daily
Taku Smokeries Fish Dock
550 South Franklin
Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
DeHart's Auke Bay Store
11735 Glacier Highway
Hours: 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. daily
3. All participants must possess a 2005 Alaska sport fishing license and required stamps or, be legally entitled to fish without a license or stamps.
4. The derby shall commence at 12:01 a.m. May 1 and end at 9:00 p.m. May 31.
5. Fish may be entered during the times set forth under weigh-in stations, DeHart's being the last station open on May 31 and closing at 9:00 p.m.
6. Participants may fish from a boat or from shore.
7. No person who is not a participant may fish from a boat from which participants are fishing.
If a non-participant fishes from a boat from which participants are fishing, all persons in the boat are disqualified.
Non-participants may go along with participants for the enjoyment of the outing.
Down riggers are permitted.
8. Fish caught by a "proxy" may not be entered.
9. Anyone caught breaking the rules or disqualified for any reason decided upon by the Derby Committee will be ineligible to participate in any future Spring King derbies.
Juneau Empire ©2013. All Rights Reserved.