At the regular Tlingit and Haida Council members meeting on April 12, Oscar and Emma Olsen were pleasantly surprised when the meeting started with a beautiful cake and food in celebration of their 57th wedding anniversary.
We would like to thank our thoughtful president, Judy George, for going all out. Thanks from Emma and Oscar and the Council Members in attendance to: Judy George, Ella Bennatt, Cyril George, Al McKinley, Selina Everson, Jerry Bennett, James Jack, Dolores Cadiente, Paul White Jr., Trudy Skann, Frank O. Williams, Ken Perkins, Alberta Aspen, Marietta Hopkins, Leonard John, Emma Olsen, Randy Wanamaker, Frank White Sr., Rondal John Jr., Gregory Brown, Walter John, Florence Sheakley, Michele Metz, Jackie Daily.
We will always remember this beautiful gesture from all of you.
Emma and Oscar Olsen
..For the benefit feed
We would like to sincerely thank the following people for helping with the recent spaghetti feed dinner to benefit SEAFOM, Southeast Alaska Friends of Montessori. It is only through the generous donations of labor, time and ingredients that we could have pulled this event off.
Thanks to Glen Alt for putting all the pieces together, The Juneau Elks Club for the donation of ingredients and location, The Harborview Montessori students for their great skill, enthusiasm and charm in serving our guests, parents of Montessori children within the larger community, the Coca-Cola bottling company, and everyone who both bought and sold tickets.
Thank you all for your support of Montessori education in this community.
...For donating to the Lyric Opera raffle
The Juneau Lyric Opera Board would sincerely like to thank all the contributors who donated the raffle prizes awarded during the Saturday, April 7, 2001 performance of "Candide." We also want to thank and express deep appreciation for all of the patrons who participated in the raffle and attended the performances of "Candide" April 6 and 7.
The raffle winners are:
1) Susan Burke: San Francisco opera weekend for two; includes airfare donated by Alaska Airlines, opera tickets donated by the San Francisco Opera, and two nights lodging.
2) Marian Schafer: helicopter glacier tour for two, donated by Temsco Helicopters.
3) Kate Troll: Rie Munoz print, donated by Rie Munoz Gallery.
4) Don Burford: Jon Van Zyle print, donated by Rainsong Gallery.
5) Barbara Pavitt: Ed Mills print, by Mills Art Studio; and two Hallmark Gift Certificates, donated by Susan's Hallmark Shop.
6) Alison Browne: two season tickets to the Juneau Symphony, donated by the Juneau Symphony.
7) John Hartle: four single event tickets to the Juneau Jazz and Classics, donated by Juneau Jazz and Classics.
8) Didi Ryall: two season tickets to the Juneau Lyric Opera, donated by Juneau Lyric opera.
William Todd Hunt
Juneau Empire ©2014. All Rights Reserved.