Here are the standings in the Eighth Annual Spring King Salmon Derby, as reported at 1:44 p.m. on Monday, May 3. The rankings include the angler's name, weight of the fish (in 10ths of a pound), date turned in and what station the fish was turned into. Ties are broken by the earliest fish turned in. The derby closes at 7 p.m. on Monday, May 31. A more current leaders list may be available on the Internet; a link is available at http://www.juneauempire.com/springking. The Spring King Salmon Derby is a scholarship fund-raiser sponsored by the Central Council of Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska.
1. George Chappell, 27.8 pounds, turned in May 1, 2:07 p.m., Jerry's Meats.
2. Allen Risley, 26.2, May 3, 7:50 a.m., Jerry's Meats.
3. Gerald Duncan, 23.4, May 2, 3:45 p.m., Jerry's Meats.
4. Shawn Tucker, 23.0, May 3, 8 a.m., Jerry's Meats.
5. James R. Masse Jr., 21.8, May 2, 10:32 a.m., Jerry's Meats.
6. Stuart Bigler, 21.6, May 3, 8 a.m., Jerry's Meats.
7. Jesse L. Walker, 20.9, May 3, 12:25 p.m., Jerry's Meats.
8. John A. Germain, 20.4, May 2, 10:35 a.m., Jerry's Meats.
9. Dan Rohn Jr., 20.2, May 4, 8:20 a.m., Jerry's Meats.
10. Michael Beasley, 20.0, May 3, 8:35 a.m., Taku Fisheries.
11. Chris Fenn, 19.8, May 1, 4:30 p.m., Jerry's Meats.
12. Marc Blaine, 19.1, May 2, 3:30 p.m., Jerry's Meats.
13. Brian Donahue, 19.0, May 3, 11:56 a.m., Jerry's Meats.
14. Jason C. Murdoch, 17.9, May 1, 4:12 p.m., Jerry's Meats.
15. Franklin Johnson, 17.4, May 2, 11:50 a.m., Jerry's Meats.
16. Brad Fluetsch, 16.0, May 3, 8:35 a.m., Taku Fisheries.
17. Ed Ezrre, 15.1, May 2, 8:51 a.m., Jerry's Meats.
18. Myrna Gardner, 12.8, May 2, 5:50 p.m., Jerry's Meats.
19. Jeff Wright, 12.8, May 3, 5:20 p.m., Jerry's Meats.
Show us your big fish
The Juneau Empire's Outdoors page is again looking for photographs of big salmon, halibut and other fish you've caught this year or last in the waters of the northern panhandle. Send your photos to: Brandon Loomis, Empire Outdoors Editor, 3100 Channel Drive, 99801. Or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop them off at the newspaper between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays. Include the name of the photographer, the name of the person who caught the fish, its size and weight, where and when it was caught and a return address so we can mail it back.
Juneau Empire ©2014. All Rights Reserved.