Ketchikan library fire extinguisher malfunctions

Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009

KETCHIKAN - A malfunctioning fire extinguisher has created a huge mess at the Ketchikan Public Library.

The extinguisher malfunctioned shortly after the library closed Sunday. No one was in the building at the time.

The large metal extinguisher sits over the inside of the book drop, which is in a janitor's closet. Either the door was open or the force of the extinguisher going off opened the door.

Either way, Library Director Judith McQuerry says it "blew chemicals all over the building."

The library is closed Monday to allow staff to clean the building and equipment.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING