We're sorry, but the page you were seeking does not exist. It may have been moved or expired. Perhaps our search engine can help.
Here are the standings in the Sixth Annual Spring King Salmon Derby, as reported at 8:28 a.m. on May 14. The rankings include the angler's name, weight of the fish (in 10ths of a pound), date caught and what station the fish was turned into. Ties are broken by the earliest fish turned in. The derby closes at 7 p.m. on Friday, May 31. A more current list might be available at http://www.ccthita.com in the Hot Topics link.
1. David Julian, 41.8 pounds, caught May 7, turned into Jerry's Meats.
2. Gary Berry, 35.9, May 10, Taku Fisheries.
3. Jerry Fulkerson, 32.8, May 6, Jerry's Meats.
4. Albert Dowd, 32.6, May 11, Jerry's Meats.
5. George Montero Jr., 32.5, May 8, Alaska Seafoods.
6. Noel Algabre, 32.2, May 6, Jerry's Meats.
7. Terry Doyle, 31.7, May 8, Alaska Seafoods.
8. Mike Edenshaw, 31.4, May 6, Taku Fisheries.
9. Sean McKeown, 30.5, May 5, Jerry's Meats.
10. Reynolds Skan Jr., 29.7, May 6, Taku Fisheries.
11. Mike Heard, 29.6, May 4, Jerry's Meats.
12. John Shorty Jr., 29.6, May 6, Jerry's Meats.
13. Romy Mueca, 29.1, May 10, Jerry's Meats.
14. Rudy Isturis Jr., 28.9, May 9, Jerry's Meats.
15. Darlene Tyson, 28.9, May 10, Jerry's Meats.
16. Adam Furlong, 28.6, May 6, Jerry's Meats.
17. James Livingston, 28.4, May 7, Jerry's Meats.
18. Paul Moreno, 28.1, May 7, Jerry's Meats.
19. Russ Senkovich, 28.1, May 8, Jerry's Meats.
20. Robert Beierly III, 28.0, May 10, Jerry's Meats.
21. Matthew Nakamura, 27.9, May 8, Jerry's Meats.
22. Ian Cryan, 27.7, May 11, Jerry's Meats.
23. Jeffrey Johns, 27.5, May 6, Jerry's Meats.
24. Katherine Thomas, 27.3, May 11, Jerry's Meats.
25. James Woodbury Jr., 27.0, May 7, Jerry's Meats.
26. Stuart Bigler, 26.8, May 9, Jerry's Meats.
27. Fred Wigg, 26.6, May 7, Jerry's Meats.
28. Frank Nowlin, 26.5, May 9, Jerry's Meats.
29. William Field, 26.1, May 10, Jerry's Meats.
30. Dave Abel, 26.0, May 11, Jerry's Meats.
Pat Carothers, 75, turned in an 18.9-pound fish on May 9. The oldest veteran to turn in a fish wins $100. This year's derby is dedicated to veterans.
Show us your big fish
The Juneau Empire's Outdoors page is looking for photographs of big salmon, halibut and other fish you've caught this year. Send your photos to: Ed Schoenfeld, Empire Outdoors Editor, 3100 Channel Drive, 99801. Or e-mail them to email@example.com. Or drop them off at the newspaper between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays. Include the name of the photographer, the name of the person who caught the fish, its size and weight, where and when it was caught and a return address so we can mail it back.