Fire breaks out in apartment building

Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ANCHORAGE - An Anchorage apartment building caught fire and though all the residents got out safely, at least four cats died in the fire.

Battalion chief Tim Garbe said when units arrived, big flames and heavy smoke were coming from the building. The firefighters called for backup and some 28 units responded.

The fire was brought under control in less than half an hour.

The fire started outside a stairwell on the first floor and raced up to the second floor.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING