Fire causes $3,500 in damage to home

Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008

JUNEAU - A fire Friday morning damaged an interior room and attic space in a home on Lemon Creek Road.

No one was injured.

The fire was caused by a space heater placed too close to combustible materials, according to Capital City Fire and Rescue. The owner was trying to dry insulation and the sub-floor from winter water damage, the fire department said.

Damage was estimated at $3,500.

The fire was reported at about 11:40 a.m. Friday. It occurred at 1951 Lemon Creek Road.



Related Searches

  USD    ENVIRONMENT    DISASTER_ACCIDENT    MAN-MADE DISASTER 

Page not found | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

Page not found

We're sorry, but the page you were seeking does not exist. It may have been moved or expired.  Perhaps our search engine can help. 

 

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

X