http://racerealty.com/

Fairbanks woman dies from fire injuries

Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009

FAIRBANKS - A 76-year-old Fairbanks woman who was seriously burned in a house fire has died of her injuries.

Katherine Mann, who died Friday, was injured in the Tuesday night fire in a downtown duplex.

Mann was flown to a Seattle hospital after initial treatment in Fairbanks.

Investigators said the most probable cause of the blaze was a discarded cigarette.

Fire officials said the fire originated in a magazine rack next to a chair in the living room and smoldered for a while before the blaze was sparked.

Investigators said Mann apparently was overcome by hot gases and smoke while trying to leave the home.

Neighbors who heard yelling and saw smoke broke in and were dragging Mann outside when firefighters arrived.

The fire was quickly put out.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-523-2295
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2270
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING