ANCHORAGE - State health officials have reported another case of sickness because of paralytic shellfish poisoning, or PSP.
A Haines man reportedly developed symptoms consistent with PSP Friday after eating the viscera of Dungeness crab.
The man was flown to a Juneau hospital after suffering symptoms like tingling in his lips, numbing in his body, weakness and poor coordination. He was released Monday.
This is the fifth case of PSP poisoning reported in the past two weeks, including one suspected death, from eating tainted shellfish.
Health officials warn the public not to eat the internal organs from recreational and subsistence harvested crabs. The state will begin testing crab from the implicated areas in Southeast.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us