SITKA - An animal likely caused hundreds of homes in the Sitka area to lose power for nearly an hour.
City officials said it's likely an animal, possibly a bird, touched lines at the top of a pole near Sandy Beach on Wednesday.
City Utility Director Charlie Walls said witnesses reported seeing a flash and sparks above them on the line, knocking out electricity.
Linemen were able to get power back up about 50 minutes later.
Walls said they never found "any evidence of a critter. It just vaporized."
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us