http://racerealty.com/

Firefighters put out fire at mobile home

Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2008

JUNEAU - Firefighters doused a small fire in a mobile home Friday as they left the scene of a medical call.

Capt. Paul Hamby and firefighter Tom Clark were flagged down by residents of a mobile home in the Mendenhall Valley, who ran into the street yelling, "Fire, fire!" according to fire department personnel.

Hamby and Clark pulled a hose line and helped evacuate people and two dogs from the house, then extinguished the floor-to-ceiling flame.

No one was injured.

The fire was caused by 10 decorative candles burning simultaneously on a wood stove. The wax melted and created enough heat to melt vinyl window blinds nearby. Damage to the home was minimal.

There were no working smoke detectors in the residence, according to the fire department.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-523-2295
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2270
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING