ANCHORAGE - Two Kenai residents are being treated for injuries sustained when their travel trailer exploded Friday on the Seward Highway.
Alaska State Troopers said Frank and Corey O'Brien had been camping in their 22-foot trailer near mile 69 of the highway.
Troopers said a propane leak is suspected in the explosion, which was triggered when the O'Briens tried to light a burner on their propane stove.
According to troopers, the walls and roof of the trailer were blown off in the blast.
The O'Briens' dog also was injured and treated at an Anchorage veterinarian clinic.
Juneau Empire ©2015. All Rights Reserved.