Juneau police, fire officials and state troopers reported:
Driving while intoxicated:
* Joseph Tong, 32, was arrested for drunk driving at 1 a.m. Saturday on Davis Avenue. He was also charged with misuse of a controlled substance and promoting contraband. He was booked at Lemon Creek Correctional Center and his vehicle was impounded.
Vandalism and criminal mischief:
* A mailbox on Kiowa Street was knocked off its post sometime before 8 a.m. Friday. It was found and reattached.
* A vehicle was scratched with a key all the way around sometime before 4:30 p.m. Friday in the Fred Meyer parking lot.
* A home on 12th Street was entered and vandalized sometime before 10 p.m. Friday.
* An SUV rolled over in a single car accident on Egan Drive near the airport at 9:30 a.m. Friday. The 42-year-old man driving the vehicle was issued a citation for speeding and the vehicle was towed.
* A vehicle hit a van while it was parked in Juneau sometime before 9:50 a.m. Friday.
* Three deer were seen on Egan Drive near Sunny Point at 8:20 a.m. Friday. Police officers assisted the deer into the woods.
* A caller reported someone was directing other people toward a bear behind the Glory Hole at 2:45 p.m. Friday. A police officer stood by until the bear went back into the woods.
* A bear was sighted in the bushes near the top of the stairway between Calhoun and Willoughby streets at 4:40 p.m. Friday. The bear was not being aggressive, but had surprised some people.
* A bear was reported on a porch on Taku Boulevard at 11:15 a.m. Friday. The bear was not being aggressive.
* The urban bear patrol followed a bear in Douglas at 2:15 a.m. Saturday.
* A 17-year-old boy was arrested for driving without a valid license and proper registration at 11:50 p.m. Friday on Egan Drive downtown.
Alcohol-related calls: 2.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us