This photograph of the Douglas Island Band was taken in 1910, just eight years after the city of Douglas was incorporated with Juneau. In 1881, the town of Douglas was established as a mining community. Before that, Douglas had also been referred to as "Edwardsville," presumably after an early resident and miner, H.H. Edwards.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us