Thursday, Aug. 24
* Capital City Soccer League Women's Tournament: Valley Paint vs. Sparta, 8:25 p.m. at Melvin Park; Builders vs. Black Magic, 6:40 p.m. at Melvin Park. Info and bracket: http://home.gci.net/~ccsl.
Friday, Aug. 25
* Juneau-Douglas High School Crimson Bears football vs. Chugiak Mustangs: 7 p.m. at Adair-Kennedy Memorial Park.
Saturday, Aug. 26
* Eaglecrest Race to the Top: 9 a.m. about half mile up Fish Creek Road (the road to Eaglecrest Ski Area), just off North Douglas Highway. Five-mile race or one-mile fun run. Register at either Juneau Racquet Club, Foggy Mountain Shop or 8:15 a.m. on day of race. A Southeast Roadrunners event. Info: Deborah, 586-6200 or 465-5074.
* Juneau Waterfowlers' Fair and Shooting Clinic: Meet 9 a.m. at Juneau Gun Club Range (Montana Creek Road) for clinics, $10 admission per participant. Breakfast available 8 a.m., lunch at noon. Presentations on regulations, ethical hunting, shooting skills, and more. Co-sponsored by Alaska Department of Fish and Game and by the Juneau Gun Club. Info: Neil Barten, 465-4267.
* Juneau Parks and Recreation Saturday Hike: Meet at the Perseverance Trailhead cul-de-sac at the end of Basin Road at 9:30 a.m. Hike is a moderate eight miles along Granite Creek Trail at a 2,100-foot elevation. Wear sturdy boots, warm clothing and bring plenty of food and water. No dogs or firearms, please. Info: Juneau Parks and Recreation, 586-5226.
* Juneau Alpine Club weekly climb: Hawthorne Peak climb, 11 miles taking about 12 high-energy hours. Ice axe and crampons needed. Contact trip leader for starting times and other details. Info: Dave Lefebvre, 586-6672, or Tim Arness, 789-9119.
Sunday, Aug. 27
* Juneau Rifle and Pistol Club High Power Rifle Match: Meet 8 a.m. at Hank Harmon Rifle Range (6200 Montana Creek Road), shooting starts at 9 a.m. Info: Steve Bennett, 789-1717.
* Capital City Soccer League Women's Tournament: Games to be announced at Sandy Beach and Melvin Park. Info and bracket: http://home.gci.net/~ccsl.
* Capital City Soccer League Men's Tournament: Peter's Two-Stepper vs. CC Concrete, 5 p.m. at Sandy Beach; Arsenal vs. Epic, 8 p.m. at Melvin Park. Info and bracket: http://home.gci.net/~ccsl.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us