Juneau police, fire officials and state troopers reported:
Driving while intoxicated:
* About 4:30 a.m. Saturday, police arrested Sergius Alex Sheakley III, 25, on Egan Drive outbound for drunken driving and for leaving the scene of an accident. He was transported to the Lemon Creek Correctional Center. His vehicle was impounded.
* About 8:30 a.m. Friday, a woman, 41, reported her yellow cell phone lost at Fred Meyer.
* About 9:30 a.m. Friday, a man, 25, reported losing his black tri-fold wallet in the area of Big Kmart.
* About 10 a.m. Friday, a woman, 25, reported her purse stolen from her vehicle Thursday. A location was not given.
* About 3 p.m. Friday, a local woman, 28, reported from Northwood Drive her son's bicycle was stolen on Thursday. No description of the bike was given.
* About 8 p.m. Friday, a woman, 43, reported a trailer had been broken into on Wren Drive.
* Shortly before 9 p.m. Friday, a woman (no age given) reported her green Eagle Creek purse was taken from her workplace at the Mount Roberts Tram.
* Shortly before 3 a.m. Saturday, a girl, 15, was arrested for trespassing at Super 8 Motel. She was additionally charged with minor consuming of alcohol and possession of tobacco. Due to her level of intoxication, she was transported to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
* Capital City Fire & Rescue responded to a fire call at 9:30 p.m. Friday in a trailer at Kodzoff II trailer park in the Mendenhall Valley. The blaze was at trailer 79, a fire department lieutenant said Saturday. There were no injuries. The cause was some type of oil on linen in the dryer that spontaneously combusted. Damage was confined to the interior, but spread throughout the structure. Loss is estimated at $35,000 or close to a total loss of the trailer, firefighters reported.
* Shortly before 9 a.m. Friday, police responded to a report of a non-aggressive bear in the Distin Avenue area.
* About 12:30 p.m. Friday, police received a report of a sow bear and cub which crossed Glacier Highway near the Alaska State Troopers' detachment office.
* Shortly after midnight Friday, a caller reported a black bear walking through the neighborhood in the vicinity of Highland Drive and Behrends Avenue.
* Shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday, police received a complaint about a bear in the area of Jerry Drive. They assisted the bruin back into the woods.
* About 2 a.m. Saturday, police received a report of a black bear in the area of Irwin Street.
* The Juneau Police Department responded about 8 a.m. Friday to a traffic complaint about a black Jeep parked on Basin Road, obstructing traffic. The owner could not be located. The vehicle was impounded.
* About 9:30 a.m. Friday, a girl, 15, was arrested at Cornerstone youth shelter on a Ketchikan Alaska State Troopers warrant charging failure to appear for a citation. She was lodged at Johnson Youth Center.
Alcohol-related calls: 1.
Police, Fire & Medical Emergencies 911
Suicide Prevention Crisis Hotline 586-HELP (4357)
Alaska Disaster Office 465-3610
Alcoholism & Drug Crisis Center 586-5321
After 4 p.m. call 586-9508
Aiding Women in Abuse & Rape Emergencies 586-1090
Child Abuse or Neglect 465-1650
Elder Abuse 1-800-478-9996
Juneau Crime Line 586-4243
American Red Cross 789-2808
HIV/AIDS support & education 463-5665
Crisis Pregnancy Center 789-9599
or call 1-276-4441
Fish & Wildlife Protection 465-4000
Juneau Health Center 465-3353
Juneau Raptor Center 790-5424
Junkbusters hotline 586-5274
Oil & Hazardous Substance Spill 1-800-424-8802
U.S. Coast Guard Marine Safety Office 463-2464
U.S. Coast Guard Rescue 463-2000
Toll free 1-800-478-5555
U.S. Forest Service crime reports 586-8829
U.S. Marshal 586-7455
Animal control complaints 789-0260
Litter hotline: 586-5235
Fish and Wildlife Safeguard: 1-800-478-3377
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us