Misdemeanors can bar you from Canada

Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007

Paul McCarthy's Aug. 31 letter addressing criminal records stemming from expired vehicle tags brings to mind international travel restrictions. I know from personal experience that local misdemeanors (illegal camping) may prevent entry into Canada for 10 years. The probationary period was two months away.

Sound off on the important issues at

Fortunately, in my case, the Mounties accepted $200 on my Mastercard for a five-day pass. I highly recommend McCarthy and wife fly.

Ken Dunker


Related Searches


Trending this week:


Juneau Empire © 2016. All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy / About Our Ads