Alarm caused by heart attack victim

Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2008

FAIRBANKS - Fairbanks authorities believe the smoke that filled one floor of the Northward Building on Aug. 5 was caused by a resident who was found dead.

The autopsy shows that 62-year-old Joyce E. Jones likely died of a heart attack.

She was cooking at the time she was stricken Aug. 5, and burning food set off a smoke detector.

There was no fire but firefighters evacuated other tenants as a precaution.



Related Searches

 NORTHWARD BUILDING   JOYCE E. JONES   FOOD   DISASTER_ACCIDENT   FAIRBANKS 

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING