Juneau police, fire officials and state troopers reported:
* A man reported at 7:17 a.m. Monday near Thane Road that his unlocked vehicle had been rifled and $20 in quarters had been stolen.
* A man reported at 7:19 a.m. Monday near Wood Duck Avenue that his vehicle had been rifled and a safety kit package was stolen.
* Police responded to a report at 8:09 a.m. Monday near Mendenhall Loop Road that a vehicle had been rifled but nothing was stolen.
* A woman reported at 8:53 a.m. Monday near Thane Road that a flashlight, a small black suitcase with clothing in it and $5 in quarters had been stolen from her vehicle while it was parked outside of her residence.
* Police responded to a report at 9:03 a.m. Monday near Gladstone Street that a vehicle had been rifled and $3 worth of cigars had been stolen.
* A man reported at 9:37 a.m. Monday near Garnet Street the theft of a black carrying case of 12 CDs from his unlocked vehicle. Seven of the CDs were found in a ditch late Monday.
* Police responded to a report at 10:55 a.m. Monday near Mendenhall Loop Road that a large glass bottle containing dollar bills and change was stolen. A man or boy was seen carrying the bottle away but police were unable to locate him when they arrived at the scene.
* A woman reported at 12:34 p.m. Monday near Marguerite Street that two vehicles were rifled and a tapestry bag and some change were stolen.
* A woman reported at 5:27 p.m. near Grant Street that her vehicle was rifled and 30-40 CDs were taken.
* A man, 29, was arrested for theft of services at 10:44 p.m. Monday near Glacier Highway. He was cited and released.
Vandalism, criminal mischief:
* Police responded to a report of vandalism at 1:31 p.m. Monday near Glacier Avenue. A school bus window was broken while the bus was parked in front of the Augustus Brown Swimming Pool that morning.
* Police responded to a vehicle hitting the side of a building at 10:09 a.m. Monday near West Third Street and Main Street. A truck and trailer rolled down the hill and into a building. The building sustained about $3,000 in damage while the truck sustained $2,000. There were no injuries.
* A girl, 17, was cited for careless driving at 12:22 p.m. Monday near Thane Road after she drove her Chevy Blazer into a ditch. The vehicle sustained no damage.
* Bears were reported Monday at 7:14 a.m. near Sunset Street, 8:49 p.m. near Glacier Highway and 11:30 p.m. near East Street.
* Bears were reported today at 12:03 a.m. near Mendenhall Loop Road, 12:06 a.m. near Glacier Highway, 12: 45 a.m. near Sprucewood Avenue, 12:57 a.m. near James Boulevard and 5:18 a.m. near South Franklin Street.
Juneau Empire ©2013. All Rights Reserved.