http://racerealty.com/

Fairbanks voters to decide school bond

Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009

FAIRBANKS - Fairbanks voters will see a school bond issue on the October municipal ballot.

The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District is asking voters to approve a $12 million bond for maintenance projects at five schools.

The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reported the state regularly reimburses communities for 70 percent of bond-funded improvements, leaving 30 percent to be repaied through property taxes.

Assistant Superintendent Dave Ferree says the bond will cost property owners $4.13 per $100,000 in value.

Fairbanks voters approved a $24 million school construction bond package in 2006. The community still holds $14 million in bond debt.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-523-2295
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2270
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING