We're sorry, but the page you were seeking does not exist. It may have been moved or expired. Perhaps our search engine can help.
* Bar-restaurants: The ordinance banning smoking will not apply to bars with a full beverage dispensary license and a restaurant designation until the license is sold or transferred. City officials said the exemption will apply to five Juneau businesses.
* Effective date: The ordinance will take effect 90 days after adoption. A business could apply for a 180-day extension.
* Reasonable distance: No person may smoke within 10 feet of any entrance, open window or ventilation system of a building where smoking is prohibited by the new measure.
* Penalties: Violating the ordinance would be an infraction, not a misdemeanor, so no jail time would be required. A property owner will not face a fine if he or she fails to prevent someone from smoking, unless that property owner is an employer. The ordinance does not apply to businesses with four or fewer employees.
* Review: The ordinance would be subject to Assembly review after one year.