Man injured, home destroyed in Grayling

Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008

McGRATH - The home of a Grayling man was destroyed in a fire and the man was seriously burned.

Larry Rock was treated at the village clinic and then flown to Aniak. From there, he was taken to Anchorage and from there flown to Seattle.

The fire was reported to have started at about 2:30 a.m. by a kerosene lantern that was knocked over.

One of Rock's neighbors pulled him out of the house, after being driven back by thick smoke initially.

The electricity to the home had been turned off. Rock was using the lantern to light the home.

Grayling is a village of about 170 people on the west bank of the Yukon River.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING