We're sorry, but the page you were seeking does not exist. It may have been moved or expired. Perhaps our search engine can help.
ANCHORAGE - There was only minor damage from a fire started by kindergartners at the new school in Marshall.
The Anchorage Daily News reports three children were playing with lighters and ignited cardboard boxes last Thursday, three days after the $25 million school opened in the Yukon River village.
They were playing under the bleachers in the gym.
Lower Yukon School District capital projects director Carl John says the sprinkler system stopped the fire from spreading, but a few floor tiles might have been damaged by water.