Runway renovated at Fairbanks airport

Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009

FAIRBANKS - A $41 million renovation of the main runway at Fairbanks International Airport has been completed.

The 11,800-foot runway was shut down for the summer for paving, wiring and lighting improvements. The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reported while the runway was closed this summer, planes used a taxiway as a temporary runway. Arrangements were made with Eielson Air Force Base to accept emergency flights from other areas while the main runway was closed.

An airport official said 95 percent of the project was paid with federal airport improvement funds. The remaining 5 percent was paid for through a fund that includes landing fees and terminal rental fees.

Page not found | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

Page not found

We're sorry, but the page you were seeking does not exist. It may have been moved or expired.  Perhaps our search engine can help. 



  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback