Photo: Douglas boat fire

Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005

A heat lamp left too close to a combustible surface sparked a houseboat fire early Sunday at the Douglas Boat Harbor. Capital City Fire and Rescue personnel arrived at 6:44 a.m. after receiving a call from a witness on the dock. The fire was quickly extinguished, using the harbor's standpipe system. The blaze caused $15,000 in damage and the boat was a total loss. No one was on the vessel at the time, and there were no injuries.



Page not found | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

Page not found

We're sorry, but the page you were seeking does not exist. It may have been moved or expired.  Perhaps our search engine can help. 

 

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

X