Juneau police, fire officials and state troopers reported:
Vandalism and criminal mischief:
*A man reported at 11:36 p.m. Wednesday near Floyd Dryden Middle School that three of the tires on his vehicle were slashed and the vehicle was spray-painted. There was paint on a nearby building.
* A woman reported at 6:55 a.m. today near Haloff Way that a garage door on a new house has been spray-painted
* A man, 18, was arrested for misconduct with a controlled substance and criminal trespass at 5:19 a.m. today near Commercial Boulevard. He also was cited for underage drinking. Officers responded to a report of a person breaking into the engine compartment of a vehicle. He was lodged at the Lemon Creek Correctional Center and his vehicle was impounded.
* Police cited a girl, 14, for underage drinking at 1:45 a.m. today near Montana Creek Road. She was released to her parents.
* A woman was involved in a one-vehicle accident at 8:36 a.m. Wednesday near Williams Road. The driver lost control of her vehicle while she was in the merge lane and slid into a nearby ditch. The vehicle sustained $5,000 in damage and was towed from the scene. There were no injuries.
* Police cited a woman, 57, for failing to yield while turning left, following a two-vehicle accident at 3:29 p.m. Wednesday near Glacier Highway and Anka Street. The woman, driving a red Ford Tempo, turned in front of a blue Buick driven by a woman, 32. The Ford sustained $2,000 in damage, and the Buick had $1,500 in damage.
* A man, 45, struck and killed a deer crossing the road at 5:16 p.m. Wednesday on Glacier Highway at 11 Mile. Fish and Wildlife troopers responded to the scene. The blue Ford pickup the man was driving sustained $1,000 in damage.
* A man, 21 was cited and released at 1:45 a.m. today near Montana Creek Road for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Alcohol-related calls: 3.
Drug-related calls: 1.
Juneau Empire ©2014. All Rights Reserved.